About Me

My photo
welcome to my blog. a journey of all things nice- things that enrich me and make me a better person, enjoy :)

Thursday, July 14, 2011

quitting certain things

okay so i have come to the conclusion i am addicted to a few things. bad things, unnecessary things.

my quit list includes:
  • coffee. $4.70 per cup coffees mind you. i have tired to give it up before, but faield miserably. i can't stand the taste of green tea, and peppermint tea just doesnt do it for me. i'm not really quitting for health reasons, more so beause i will save myself roughly $1,410 over 300 days of the year. looking at that figure now i feel rather ill, considering thats what it cost me for 10 days living like a queen in bali!


  • magazines. at either $4.00 or $7.60 a pop, these puppies must go! i would also like to use this opportunity to say how shattered i am that Borders has closed down. my regular sunday haunt used to save me lots of money by allowing me to read all the trashy mags from front to back, in a big comfy leather chair, with nobody to tell me off. i estimate by quitting magazines i will save roughly $500 a year, probabaly more!





  • sugar. yep. i have done this before.  i was initially inspired by Sarah Wilson and her lovely blog. She had caught on to the sugar free craze brought on by author David Gillespie. i went out and bought both his books, and was jolted by the evidence against sugar. our bodies arent made to process it. fats not the enemy, sugar is. i ended up quitting sugar for about two weeks, and i felt amazing. so i am going to do it again. i must say, my main sugar intake is from coffees. bring on the mood swings!

  • swearing. (sorry mum!) i am a big swearer. so if you hear me cussing in the street, please kick me and remind me i am supposed to be giving it up!  althouh i like the idea of a swear jar at home, theres no way i would adhere to it. so lets not and say we did.

No comments:

Post a Comment